Comment on page
Azure Log Analytics Forwarding
This page explains how to forward logs to Azure Log Analytics from Apica Ascent
You can forward your logs to the Azure log analytics platform. This will enable you to run queries on our log data which will provide more insights from your data.
- Azure log analytics workspace
- Navigate to the integrations page and select the forwarders tab
- Click on the "Add Forwarder" Button and select Log analytics
- Provide the
workspace idof your Log Analytics workspace
- Provide the
Shared Keyfrom your Log Analytics workspace. This can be found under the agents menu in log analytics
- Select the log type If
Use source type in log as log typeis selected, then the value in the source type attribute from your log will be used as a custom table name. For example, if your log has source_type
fluent bitthen those logs will be stored under
fluent bittable in your log analytics workspace. If
Provide log type manuallyis selected, then you should provide the log type manually in the
Custom log typetext field.
- You can choose whether you want to send filtered data or raw data to your forwarder by providing the boolean value in
- Provide a name for the forwarder
- Click on Create
After creating the log analytics forwarder, it can be mapped to any namespace and application. Your Log Analytics workspace will get the data once the logs are ingested into the namespace/application that is mapped.